Welcome! I made the leap to a new blog. Things are still under construction around here, but I didn’t want to wait anymore to get going.
This recipe is for our favorite Ranch dressing, adapted from Family Feasts for $75 a Week. A container of it is in the fridge at all times. (See also: Ken’s Steak House Honey Mustard.) The dairy eaters in our family prefer it to store-bought ranch. (I haven’t cracked the code on homemade Ken’s Honey Mustard yet.) Though thick like a Ranch dip, it is great on salads as well as with vegetable sticks. And I don’t know about you, but I could certainly use some vegetables after all the holiday eating!
- 10 saltines
- 3/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dillweed
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream, such as Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and process into a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Makes 2 cups of mix.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 2 cups of dressing/dip.